One of the awesome things about being a blogger is that I get compensated to write and be creative. One of the not so awesome things is that sometimes that creativity, despite how brilliant I believe it to be, is rejected. Here is a Top 10 list I wrote that was turned down. Probably because I failed to mention the product. Whoops. Anyhow, I revised, the brand was happy and, instead of scrapping the post, I decided to share it here. Enjoy my recycled efforts.Writing for my fashion and lifestyle blog, The LA Survival Guide, I spend the majority of my time chronicling the latest trends to hit the runways and streets. But, when it comes to my style essentials, I have only one necessity- my Papillon pup, Pip. Here are my top 10 reasons why, above all my sky-high heels and designer bags, my dog is my best accessory.
1. Friendship- Pip is my best friend. How many belts or bracelets can you say that about? I love that I get to have my best buddy by my side all day, every day.
2. Adorability- Hands down, I have never seen anything quite as adorable as my little Pippy. He incites squeals and squees wherever we go. Granted, he upstages me. But, that’s okay. I have the cutest fur baby ever.
3. Conversation Starter- Not a day goes by where someone does not stop us on the street. Once upon a time, they used to stop for me. These days, people just want the chance to say hello to my little guy or compliment him on his outstanding ears.
5. Portability- Weighing in at just over a whopping 6 pounds, Pip is the perfect size to accompany me during my busy days. Between meetings, appointments and photo shoots, wherever I go, he goes.
6. Lovability- Who else besides your dog will love you through rain or shine, thick or thin? Dogs have an unwavering, unconditional love that is unique to their species. I feel so fortunate to have that constant source of love, morning, noon and night.
7. Fashionability- Of course I had to put this; I’m a fashion blogger! But, honestly, I never feel as stylish and complete as I do when I’m with Pip. He really is so fashionable, it makes me more on point just by association.
8. One-Size-Fits-All- One of the great things about a dog? They always fit! Age, shape, size and style are unimportant when it comes to your dog. If you have the loving home, then a dog is just your style!
9. Timelessness- There is nothing more timeless than a relationship between a human and their dog. Unlike other relationships, your dog will never outgrow or lose interest in you. You two will never grow apart. If anything, you grow closer with each passing day. I know this is true for my Pipsqueak and me.
10. Loyalty- People come and go. Trends ebb and flow. But a dog is here to stay. No one will ever find you as stylish and beautiful as your canine companion. So make sure you show your pup the same love and loyalty that he shows you!
Photos by Michele LoBosco