There are a million and one gift guides floating around cyberspace this time of year. I knew that I wanted to try my hand at one, too. But, as opposed to composing one general gift guide (ie. trying to fit your grandpa and cat on the same list) or multiple, super specific ones, I decided to do something a little different. Welcome to my Top 10 Gifts for the Angeleno, a gift guide with the LA local in mind.
1. Facial at Kate Somerville– This is one of my happy places. Everyone walks out of here glowing. Treat your favorite Angeleno to a facial or any one of their indulgences at Kate Somerville’s gem on Melrose Place.
2. Boxing membership at Prevail Los Angeles– When I lived closer, I was at Prevail at least five days a week. It’s probably the thing I miss most about my old ‘hood. Give the gift of the best workout in Los Angeles. Not only are you promised a blast every punch of the way, you will be sweating amongst some of the fairest in Lalaland.
3. A killer pair of sunglasses– You can’t call yourself an Angeleno without a pair or seven pairs of awesome sunnies. I’m partial to these Dita aviators.
4. The toughest tickets in town- The most sought-after tickets in LA are not for a movie premiere or exclusive event; they are for two museums. If you can gift sold-out tickets to LACMA’s Rain Room or the new Broad Museum, you’ll be the coolest (not to mention the most resourceful) gift-giver this year.
5. Cleanse at Beaming– I probably frequent Beaming’s La Jolla and WeHo locations more than I do every other eatery combined. Though I am not huge into cleanses (mostly because I cheat on all of them), I am a fan of Beaming’s options. Not only are they delicious and organic, but the also include actual food! Anyone who has juiced before knows how much you miss chewing, so this is a major plus.
6. The perfect pair of jeans– We are very much a jeans and t-shirt type of town. If you’re sporting a pair of Re/Done’s one-of-a-kind blues, you’re guarenteed not to blend in with the background. They make mere mortals look like supermodels.
7. Upgrade your fur baby’s diet– Some days, my dogs eat better than I do. True story. When I’m in LA, Pip and I are regular customers at JustFoodForDogs. And when we’re out of town, they’ll deliver wherever we are. Venison and squash, lamb and brown rice, beef and russet potato…it’s gotten to the point when my dogs turn up their noses at anything else. I don’t mind. It gives me peace of mind to know that my little guys are getting the best nutrition possible.
8. A new pair of sneakers– Whether you use them for running or just running around, tennis shoes are the footwear du jour. So what better pair for a LA native than these Undefeated x Nikelab kicks?
9. The Barfly Membership at Drybar– Girls don’t walk out of Drybar; they skip. Nothing will put a smile on her face and a bounce in her step like regular blowouts at everyones favorite salon.
10. A head turning ensemble– You never know when you’re going to receive a last minute invite to a premiere or celebration. Make sure you have the perfect outfit for the occasion, like this red Vivian Chan jumpsuit.
Images via huffpost.com, glassdoor.com, localemagazine.com, ebay.com, huffingtonpost.com, bikini.com, jeanstories.com, justfoodfordogs.com, hypebeast.com, runwaylive.com, vivianchan.com