The internet is the best. I work on it, I play on it; it’s really just my favorite. In all honesty, I spend so much time on my computer, I could publish one of these lists every day. But I’m not going to get ahead of myself. That would keep me away from my virtual playground for much too long. Here’s a new monthly post, my Top 10 Wonders of the Web for January 2016.
1. Camille Newbern Chats to the Idle Man– It may not be the most tactful to plug myself among the wonders of the web, but I’m really stoked on this interview I just did for The Idle Man. It’s not often that I publish my sentiments on mating, music and men, so this was a fun change of pace. Plus, I just really like the article.
2. A Countinuous Lean- Unsolicited Thoughts for the Young Men of New York– Clearly I’ve got boys on the brain. This may be the best list I’ve ever read. Though directed towards the New York set, it’s applicable to men everywhere (both current and aspiring). If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times. Man up. Wear real shoes!
Ten Iconic Images: A Photographer’s Bucket List. Travel, photos, lists. Check, check and check.
4. Domino- How to Actually Instagram Your Food– I am Insta-obsessed. I am constantly looking for ways to up my game and this post was full of a lot of fresh, useful tips. Warning- you will get a major case of the munchies if you click through all the pics.
5. Byrdie- 19 Ways to Detox That Don’t Involve Dieting– I love food. I love to tell myself that I am healthy. So I obviously loved ideas for detoxing whilst stuffing my face.
6. The Cut- Palaces, Penises, and Parties With the Young Jet Set– I’m definitely not slumming it, but I still like to see how the other half lives. This title roped me into an indulgent tale of the young, rich and beautiful.
7. eHow- 4 Ways to Wear A Button-Down Shirt– The white button-down is a wardrobe essential, so I was thrilled with these ideas to change up one of my favorite basics.
8. goop’s Best of the Year List– I love reading my favorite bloggers lists almost as much as I love writing them. And, in my book, Gwyneth’s word is gold.
9. Studio DIY- The Best Cake in Los Angeles– I have a wicked sweet tooth. This will allow me to organize my saccharine-binges.
10. The New Yorker- The Weirdness of the LCD Soundsystem Reunion– LCD Soundsystem is one of my go-tos in terms of music. I was ecstatic to learn of their reunion. I was even more ecstatic to find out they’ll be playing at my first Coachella.