Food, fashion, travel and a little bit of substance, too. Check out the Top 10 articles that really rang my bell this month.
1. Who What Wear- 10 New Ways to Wear Pieces You Already Own– This is fashion blogging in a nutshell- wearing the same stuff over and over again in new and inventive ways. But even we trendsetters need help. Which is why I saved this post immediately.
2. Los Angeles Times- Is that milk past its ‘sell by’ date? Drink it anyway.– I am embarrassed to admit that the moment the label reads ‘expired,’ it’s out with the garbage. This op-ed piece has me rethinking my knee jerk reaction to these dates.
3. The Zoe Report- The Beauty Junkie’s Guide to Seoul, Korea– I’m headed to Seoul in a couple of months. Among other things, I am super pumped to check out their beauty scene. Right now, the Koreans are essentially setting the standards in that field for the rest of the world. I’ll be bringing an empty suitcase to bring all that goodness stateside.
4. Annabashedly- How Extroverted Introverts Interact Differently With the World– I was immediately drawn to the title as I’ve always seen myself as a bit of both. The short article made me feel like I wasn’t the only oddball with this contradictory personality.
5. Sugar + Cloth- Because Why Not: A DIY Sugar Flower Cake– This cake is bonkers. I don’t exactly have time to bake these days (I used to be a fiend), but I am determined to change that. And when I do, I’ve set this recipe aside.
6. My Domaine- Before + After: Damsel in Dior’s Sleek Los Angeles Abode– I’ve got houses on the brain. And I’m pretty much obsessed with everything that Damsel in Dior’s Jacey Duprey touches. So I was all over these before and after photos of her newly renovated home. Simply gorgeous.
7. Yelp- Top 100 Places to Eat in the US for 2016– I may have houses on the brain now, but I have food on the brain always. I was
disgusted impressed to discover that I’ve already dined at quite a few of these eateries. Perhaps I should focus a little more on my house and a little less on my next meal…
8. Smart Asset- Rent Vs. Buy Calculator– This is a really awesome tool. Basically, you enter your location, income, current rent and the purchase price of the home you’re considering and it breaks down the differences in owning versus renting. Very quick and handy. (And no, those are not my stats.)
9. Racked- The Top Street Style From New York Fashion Week 2016– I get a lot of my inspiration from other women in the fashion industry. And when the best of the best congregate for Fashion Week, pouring over their street style is like my own little Holy Grail.
10. The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show- Breed Judging: Papillons– To know me for more than half a second is to know that I live for my Papillon, Pip. Yesterday, I could not stop watching the video of the Papillon portion of the Westminster Dog show. There is something positively delightful about seeing a ring full of butterfly-eared darlings. I had a grin on my face the entire time. And from a totally objective perspective, I truly believe that, had my Pippy entered, he would have won Best in Show. I’m dead serious. He’s just the cutest.