I’d like to blame the shorter month, but the truth of the matter is that February was a busy one, with or without those two extra days. Hence the Top 10 Buys I’m Sweating Right Now, February edition, coming out in March.
1. Cristina Ramella “Borderline” cuff– I wear Ramella’s “World” cuff 24/7. Travel defines me and I love to keep the inspiration on my wrist. When her AW16 collection was revealed this week, I fell head over heels. Much as I’m loyal to my World cuff, I hope to add this new one into my rotation ASAP.
2. El Camino Travel’s trip to Trinidad + Tobago with a Personal Photographer– As I just stated, I live to travel. I am also obsessed with my blog and it’s corresponding social media. El Camino is a company that unites all of those loves, one adventurous, cleverly packaged trip at a time. No detail is left unattended on these unique escapes to unexplored locales. Think Columbia, Mexico City and Nicaragua. Trinidad and Tobago look especially picturesque. And here’s the best part. They send a personal photographer along on the journey! So the traveler gets to focus on the experience (fancy that!), while someone else documents the fun.
3. Vivian Chan “Courtney” jumpsuit– Not to be dramatic or anything, but I die for Vivian Chan. And this jumpsuit kills me. It’s worth clicking on the link to get the full effect because this is an amazing piece. From the front, it appears to be separates. But the rear view reveals a dramatic one piece with a plunging backline and huge bow. In other words, it is perfection. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one.
4. Étoile Isabel Marant “Gail” glittered leather sandals– I can’t decide if I’m on the Birkenstock train or not. On the one hand, they’re incredibly comfortable and good for your body. I wore them throughout my ballet career. On the other hand, they’re about the most sexless shoes you can buy. (Unless you’re into sexy ugly. Which I kind of am.) That being said, I would definitely hop on the train for a pair of these. Isabel Marant is the queen of footwear and these sandals strike an awesome balance between glamorous and granola. I’m sold.
5. Monse white wrap sleeve dress– Can I afford this dress? No. Do I need it? Depends how you define need…semantics aside, I am majorly sweating this gorgeous frock. Monse made a dress out of one of my favorites- the white button down. It’s different, elegant and makes a statement without causing a scene.
6. The Organic Pharmacy skin brush– Dry brushing is all the rage. It’s list of merits is extensive: improves circulation, exfoliates skin, decreases cellulite, etc., etc., etc. I aim to do it daily, but it winds up being more of a monthly occurrence. Maybe a new brush would be the catalyst to making this a part of my routine. This is Gwyneth’s recommended brush. Ergo, it is the only one on my list.
7. Alo Yoga “Moto” leggings– I can’t decide if I’d look incredibly chic or like the Michelin Man in these leggings. Assuming it’s the former, I think they’re a beautiful alternative to my arsenal of black Lulu’s.
8. Mansur Gavriel suede platform sandals– Mules seem to be the shoes of the season. I love this pair because they would transition from work to play in a snap. In my eyes, Mansur Gavriel can do no wrong. I’ll take one in every color please.
9. RGB Cosmetics “HIPPxRGB Nail Foundation” in F2– Last weekend, I had my toes painted in this perfect shade of nude and I made a mental note to pick up a bottle of my own immediately.
10. Williams-Sonoma copper vertical wall planter– As I have been house-hunting, I have also been scouring the internet for decorating ideas. One of my must-haves is a vertical garden. I’ve seen this done in a number of restaurants and I can’t wait to have an overgrown wall of my very own. It’s living art. The copper frame doesn’t hurt either.