Are parenthood and creativity mutually exclusive? Should this be my first tattoo? And how can I actually make cash for my clothes? All this and more in May’s Top 10 Wonders of the Web.
1. AFAR- 9 Amazing Animal Adventures– Literally all I want in life are animals and travel. And cute shoes. And a house in the Hills. But you know what I mean.
2. GQ- How One Brand Makes Vintage Levi’s Fit Like Your Favorite Jeans– The story behind my all-time favorite denim brand, RE/DONE.
3. The Zoe Report- How to Actually Make Money Selling Your Clothes– I (obviously) have an obscene amount of clothing. I hold on to the majority of it, “just in case,” but I might be more inclined to pass things along if I could make a little spending money. Especially if I could spend that money on more clothes.
4. The Atlantic- Art for Instagram’s Sake– As I wandered the halls of The Broad, I couldn’t help but notice the way that the audience (myself included) viewed the collection- filtered through our camera lenses. A relatively new phenomenon, this article offers an interesting commentary on the shift in our experience.
5. Cupcakes and Cashmere- How to Eat Healthfully at Restaurants– I love eating out in a major way, but I know that I’m not always making the best choices. This guide provides specific options for a multitude of cuisines. I can’t promise I’ll follow them, but it’s nice to know they’re there.
6. Byrdie- I Got an Acupuncture Facial and Survived to Tell the Tale– I recently starting getting acupuncture again and I am loving the results. I cannot wait to present this to my doctor. (As if he doesn’t think I’m crazy enough as it is.)
7. The Cut- Is Parenthood the Enemy of Creativity?– At the age where many of my friends are having children, this is idea I’ve been pondering- are parenthood and creativity mutually exclusive? Or can you be both? It was refreshing to hear that I’m not the only one with this inner dialogue.
8. mindbodygreen- 14 Small Things That Lead to Major Happiness– Number One. Always.
9. Refinery 29- Why I Tattooed My Eyebrows- & What It Was Really Like– I am obsessed with my eyebrows. And my somewhat recent obsession unfortunately coincides with what appears to be a decline in brow hair. I am not a tattoo girl, but am definitely considering this.
10. goop- The Guide to Non-Toxic Deodorant- Plus Our 7 Favorites– I try to keep my at home bath and beauty products as green as possible. Deodorant is a tricky one, but I am happy to have found that the best one for me also happens to be completely clean. (Find my favorite one here.)